Waiting

When my days are broken,
the winds speak to me,
with tender words.
When I need comfort,
the trees sigh in my ears,
symphonies of bliss.
When I need a hand to hold,
the waters of the stream grasp my hands,
with powerful, profound, currents.

But some day soon I will not need them,
to take the pain away;
I will find some one
who can do it all.
Some one who speaks tender words,
sighs blissful symphonies,
and grasps my hands.
The winds,
won’t need to speak to me,
The trees,
won’t sigh in my ears any more,
 The waters,
can flow freely without my hands.

They can move along
Without a trouble in the world.
When I find that some one,
They can forget me.
They won’t need to hear my laughter and sobs,
they won’t need to wait for me day after day,
they will live as they were meant to live.
And when I do need them,
they will always be there,
Waiting.

Comments

Indigo Renée said…
So for all you readers, I thought you might like to know that this poem won a gold key award in the Idaho Scholastic Art & Writing Awards 2012.

Popular posts from this blog

please

Conquered

My Heart